The Garage Theatre
Monaghan County Museum
Monaghan County Museum has been serving the people of Monaghan for over 40 years. During which, it has diversified to match the needs of a changing community. This award winning museum has a professional commitment to excellence in caring for and displaying it’s collection, as well as making that collection as accessible as possible both intellectually and physically.
The museum has a number of outreach exhibitions throughout the county, the museum displays have been recently updated with new accessible exhibits and the museum website and Facebook page both have up to date information on collections and events.
The Patrick Kavanagh Museum
Monaghan Town Farmers Market
Spend some time visiting some of the bustling markets around Co. Monaghan.
- Monaghan Town Farmers Market, Location: Town Centre, every Friday 10.00am – 2.00pm
- Carrickmacross General Market, Location: Town Centre, every Thursday, 8.00am – 5.00pm and
- Ballybay Farmers Market Location: Town Centre & Carpark of Riverdale Hotel on alternate weeks Last Friday of every month 10.00am – 12.00pm.
Heritage Sites & Places of Cultural Interest
- St Macartans Cathedral Monaghan
- Ballybay Wetlands
- Carrickmacross Workhouse
- Celtic Cross and Round Tower
- Clones Mott and Bailey
- Edergole Court Tomb
- Errigal Truagh Medieval Chruch and Graveyard
- Inniskeen Round Tower
- Mannan Castle
- St. Peters Tin Tabernacle